We recently found this recipe using halibut in Real Simple magazine and decided to give it a go, but with ling cod instead. Mom and I loved it, dad wasn’t so sure. For me, it was reminiscent of our favorite fish stew and was just as good the next day.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, segmented, membranes removed
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs ling cod or cod fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped, or 1 Tbsp dried dill
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the olives, orange zest, orange segments, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2 Add the fish to the pan. Spoon sauce over the fish. Cover and cook for an additional 7 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through. Sprinkle with dill and serve.