Prosciutto, Melon, and Mozzarella
A perfect summertime appetizer, prosciutto-wrapped melon is a delicious blend of salty and sweet flavors. Mozzarella balls adds another touch.
You may want to serve some with the mozzarella, some without. Or, try wrapping some prosciutto around the mozzarella.
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced Italian Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon, or 1/2 of each
- A lemon or lime for squeezing
- 1 8-ounce container of fresh cherry-size mozzarella cheese, each cheese ball cut in half
- Party toothpicks or bamboo skewers
- Melon Baller
Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop up the melon into small balls. Place melon balls in a bowl and sprinkle lemon or lime juice all over them.
Take a small strip of prosciutto and wrap it around a melon ball.
Pierce through with a toothpick and add a piece of mozzarella if desired.
Repeat for all melon balls. Arrange on a platter.