Hot days are upon us. A great way to cool off is with a refreshingly chilled salmon salad. This salad is also one way to use up leftover salmon from a summer barbecue. Easy and quick.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cooked, either poached, grilled, or gently fried, and cooled to at least room temperature
- 2 celery stalks - finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion - peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp of capers (strain out the pickling juice)
- The juice of 1 lemon (regular lemon, not Meyer lemon)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill - chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Break cooked salmon into chunk sized pieces and add to bowl. Combine celery, red onion, capers, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh dill in a separate dish. Gently add the dressing mixture into the bowl of salmon, mixing just enough so all pieces are coated. Add a sprinkling of salt and ground pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to cool and to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve with a slice of lemon.
For best results, do not over-cook your salmon!