Cranberry almond apple pie recipe, using Odense Almond Paste, tart apples, cranberries, chopped almonds, with a streusel topping.
- 1 roll (about 7 oz) Almond Paste (recommended brand is Odense)
- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust
- 5 baking apples (like Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided into two 1/2 teaspoon portions
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll almond paste on a sheet of wax paper to form an 8 to 9 inch circle. Press rolled almond paste into the bottom of an unbaked pie crust. In a bowl, combine apples, cranberries, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour into pie shell. In a bowl, combine the remaining cinnamon, flour oats, and brown sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbs are formed. Spoon crumb mixture evenly over apples. Bake 50-60 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds (optional) the last 5 minutes of cooking time.