Creamy artichoke dip made with artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, lemon, parsley, garlic, and cream cheese.
- 1 14-ounce (400 g) can of artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (25 g), packed, grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 to 4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Put the drained artichoke hearts, parsley, Parmesan, lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times until a paste forms. You should still be able to make out bits of parsley and lemon, so don't over-process it.
2 Place the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add the artichoke parsley mixture and the lemon juice. Stir until well blended. Add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Garnish with a few fresh leaves of parsley or ribbons of lemon zest.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups of dip.