Who says you need mayo for a tuna salad? Here’s an Asian inspired tuna salad with radishes, green onions, and shredded carrots, dressed with rice vinegar and sesame oil.
Great chilled or at room temperature. Perfect for picnics or potlucks!
Serve it over chopped lettuce, in a sandwich, in lettuce wraps, or our favorite, tossed with Japanese buckwheat soba noodles.
My advice? Make a double batch. This one disappears quickly.
Asian Tuna Salad RecipePrint
- 10-12 ounces of canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- Optional: 8 ounces (dry) soba noodles* or fresh lettuce
*If mixing in with soba noodles, cook soba noodles according to package directions, and rinse with cold water.
1 Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2 When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
Serve with lettuce, or mixed in with cold, cooked soba noodles.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Asian Tuna Salad on Simply Recipes. Thank you!Print