Asian inspired tuna salad with canned tuna, radishes, cilantro, shredded carrot, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- 10-12 ounces of canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- Optional: 8 ounces (dry) soba noodles* or fresh lettuce
*If mixing in with soba noodles, cook soba noodles according to package directions, and rinse with cold water.
1 Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2 When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
Serve with lettuce, or mixed in with cold, cooked soba noodles.