New world chocolate bark with semi-sweet chocolate, cinnamon, chili pepper, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- 1/2 cup of hulled, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, plus a dash extra
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, plus a dash extra
- 3/4 teaspoon of ancho chili powder, plus a dash extra
- 12 oz. of bitter or semi-sweet chocolate
1 Place the pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium-low heat. Toast the pumpkin seeds for about 5 minutes, they'll pop and jump a bit as they release their oils and moisture. Allow to cool.
2 Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer's directions. Once melted add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ancho chili powder, and most of the pumpkin seeds saving some to decorate the top with.
3 Spread onto a flat baking pan lined with a silpat or wax paper. Sprinkle over and press into the chocolate the last few pumpkin seeds and sprinkle on a dash more of the spices for color and taste. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened. Break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Best consumed in one or two days.