Baby bok choy, stir fried with sliced yellow bell peppers, green onions, and sesame oil.
For an added touch you can include some pine nuts in step one.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil or other high smoke point oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, stem and seed pod removed and discarded, sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 4 green onions, chopped, including green parts that are not dried out
- 1 lb baby bok choy, bottom root ball cut off and discarded, rinsed thoroughly, torn into smaller pieces
1 Heat a tablespoon each of grapeseed (or canola) oil and sesame oil in a large sauté pan on high heat. Add the chopped yellow peppers and green onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. (Keep a watch so that the onions don't burn.)
2 Lower the heat and add the bok choy. Stir to coat with the oil in the pan. Cook only until the bok choy has wilted. The thicker, whiter ends of the baby bok choy should still be somewhat crunchy.