Salsa pictured over grilled tri tip steak.
Salsa doesn’t have to be made with tomatoes, nor does it even need fresh chiles. A quick and easy, delicious salsa to make to accompany steak and meat dishes is a bell pepper salsa, seasoned with red chile flakes, onions, and parsley, basil or arugula.
Bell Pepper Salsa Recipe
- 1 large bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped arugula, basil, or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste