Quick and easy blondie recipe. Like brownies in shape and texture, blondies are flavored with brown sugar in place of chocolate. Delicious!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) of butter, melted
- 1 cup (220 g) of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (128 g) of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (60 g) of butterscotch chips (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty)
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter and flour an 8X8-inch pan (20 cm x 20 cm). Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.