Simple and easy butternut squash, apple, and cranberry bake recipe. Perfect for a holiday feast.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the sides and bottom of a 7x11-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
2 Put a layer of cut butternut squash on the bottom of the baking dish. Place apples on top and then sprinkle with cranberries. Sprinkle everything with the flour brown sugar mixture. Dot with butter. Bake 50-60 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.