A cross between garlic bread and pizza, cheesy bread is a quick, easy, and delicious party snack.
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (1/4 cup, 2 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread (I used Ciabatta)
1 In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
2 Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3 Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.