Crustless quiche recipe including bacon, green onions, and cherry tomatoes.
- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring until bubbly. Gradually add the milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes.
2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard; set aside.
3 Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the cream cheese, the cottage cheese mixture and the milk/flour sauce. Fold in the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
4 Pour into a buttered 10" pie plate. Sprinkle the top with chopped green onions and crumbled bacon. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, around the top. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. A knife inserted into the center of the quiche should come out clean. Let rest for 15 minutes, serve.