Chicken salad with arugula, goat cheese, and apple slices.
- Olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced
- Baby arugula leaves - enough for a salad for four
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese - broken up into little pieces
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1 Heat stick-free frying pan to medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the shallot slices until translucent. Remove from pan. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken breast pieces, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through - 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on the chicken while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill.
2 When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, walnuts and goat cheese. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.