Tarrgon chicken salad recipe, with chopped chicken, dried cranberries, celery, mayonnaise, and either dried or chopped fresh tarragon. Great for sandwiches too.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat*
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons dried tarragon (or 1-2 Tbsp fresh chopped tarragon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Poach about 1 1/2 lbs of skinless chicken breasts and thighs, preferably bone-in (for flavor), in a quart of salted (2 teaspoons) water, for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from water, let cool, remove bones, chop the meat into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch cubes.
Mix all of the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning. Serve with lettuce for a simple salad, in a tomato that has been cut open for a stuffed tomato, or with slices of bread for a chicken salad sandwich.