Chinese chicken salad with thinly sliced lettuce, bell peppers, scallions, julienned carrot, cilantro, peanuts, and skinless boneless chicken breast.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Peanut, grapeseed or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce or Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Chow mein noodles, to taste (skip for gluten-free option)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free option)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut, grapeseed or canola oil
1 Heat both oils over high heat in a large saute pan for 1 minute, then add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle chicken strips with a little salt and add them to the pan. Stir-fry the chicken over high heat until cooked through, 3-6 minutes depending on how hot your burner gets. Drain and set aside to cool.
2 In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Adjust to taste. In a large bowl, toss the chicken and salad ingredients together. Just before serving, toss with dressin and top with the chow mein noodles.