Give your turkey leftovers a gentle smokey kick with a turkey salad seasoned with chipotle powder and jalapeños.
You can also use canned chipotle in adobo instead of the combination presented here of chipotle powder and jalapenos. Just add to taste. Or, if you don't want the chili heat of the jalapenos, but want the smokiness, you can used smoked paprika instead of the chipotle and jalapenos.
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey meat
- 1/4 cup chopped white or red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or canned jalapeño chili pepper (to desired heat)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Mix chipotle powder into mayonnaise.
2 Put turkey, onion, celery, jalapeño, cilantro into a medium sized bowl. Fold in the seasoned mayonnaise until well mixed. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with avocados and sliced tomatoes, as a salad or in a sandwich.