Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and egg.
- 1 lb of cod fillets
- 2 medium-sized russett potatoes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Grapeseed oil, or other high smoke point oil such as canola oil, for frying
1 Boil and mash the potatoes, set them aside.
2 Boil the codfish until it flakes easkly. Drain and flake the fish with a fork. Be sure to remove all bones.
3 Mix the flaked fish, the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients together well by hand. If the mixture is too crumbly, add another egg. If too sticky, add some more bread crumbs.
4 Form the mixture into cakes and fry them on medium high heat in a skillet coated with oil, until nice browned on one side, then flip them over and continue to cook until well browned on the other side.