A delightful chilled pea salad, made with smoked almonds, water chestnuts and a hint of curry.
- 16-ounces frozen petite peas (do not thaw)
- 6 ounces smokehouse almonds, rinsed to take off the excess salt, chopped (preferably by hand)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces chopped water chestnuts
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Combine the frozen peas, green onions, almonds, and water chestnuts. Mix together the mayonnaise and curry powder in a separate bowl.
2 Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture into peas. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Notes from Beth: You make this salad the morning of, but add the almonds when you serve it. The salad is still good the next day but it's best if it's made the day you serve. Wonderful served with sliced tomato and avocado and chicken for lunch.