Summer fresh garden salsa with cucumbers, red bell peppers, onion, jalapeño, and mint
Some individual jalapeños refuse to be hot. Others will light your mouth on fire. If you find yourself with a dud, just add some red pepper flakes to the salsa to your desired level of hotness.
- 1 large cucumber or 2 small cucumbers (about 1/2 pound to 3/4 pound total), seeded and finely diced (peel first if the cucumber is thick-skinned, leave peel on if thin-skinned)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño (more to taste)
To make the salsa, place all of the salsa ingredients into a medium bowl, and gently stir to combine. Taste and add more jalapeño if you desire more heat.
Keeps for several days, covered and chilled in the refrigerator.
Perfect for serving with grilled chicken or seafood.