Delicious, seasonal cranberry salsa, with fresh or frozen cranberries, apple, orange zest, chili, cilantro, and lime.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 an apple, peeled and cored
- Chopped serrano or jalapeno chili to taste (about a half a chili, but taste for desired heat)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of lime or lemon juice
- Dash of salt
1 Either grind cranberries and apple together in a grinder, or pulse in a food processor until coarsely shredded, around 10 short pulses.
2 Combine shredded cranberries, orange zest, chile, and sugar in a medium bowl. Let sit 15 minutes for the cranberries to macerate (soften in the sugar). Add cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste.
Yield: Makes a little less than 2 cups.