Creamy shrimp fettuccine recipe with broccoli.
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine (use rice-pasta for gluten-free version)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (if using frozen shrimp, defrost by running cold water over them for a few minutes)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Fill a large 8-quart stock pot at least half full with water and with 1 Tbsp of salt; bring to a boil.
2 While the water is the large stockpot is heating, bring a smaller saucepan (2-3 quarts) half filled with water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Drain and run the broccoli under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
3 Cook the pasta in the large pot of boiling water according to the directions on the package (anywhere from 3 to 12 minutes, depending on the type of pasta you have) until al dente, or still slightly firm. Drain and toss with a little olive oil to keep from sticking.
4 While the pasta is cooking, combine the cream, wine, garlic, and black pepper in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
5 Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp have turned pink on all sides. Toss in the broccoli and the parsley. Mix in the fettucini. Salt to taste.