Using delicate, think skinned, Persian cucumbers, this cucumber salad recipe includes mint, feta cheese, red onions and sliced radishes with a simple oil and vinegar dressing.
Persian cucumbers, about 5 inches long
- 1 lb thin skinned, mild (non bitter) cucumbers, such as Persian, Armenian, or Japanese cucumbers, thinly sliced. You might also try it with English cucumbers.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch long segments
- 2 or 3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pound feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium sized bowl, gently toss together the sliced cucumbers, red onion, radishes, mint leaves with a little bit of white vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, sprinkle on crumbled bits of feta cheese. Serve immediately. Serves 4.