Simple egg salad, spiced up with curry and mango chutney. Great on toast!
- 6 hard boiled eggs*, peeled
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives, green onions, or shallots
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- Dash of cayenne, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread (use gluten-free bread or serve with lettuce for gluten-free option)
* To hard boil eggs, place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover, let sit for 12 minutes. Rinse in cool water to stop the cooking.
1 If serving the egg salad on toast, or toasted rounds, start preparing the toast with the sliced bread while you prep the other ingredients.
2 Roughly chopped the peeled, hard boiled eggs and put them into a medium sized serving bowl. Use the tines of the fork to press against the cooked egg pieces to break them into smaller pieces.
3 Add the mango chutney, yellow curry powder, salt, mayonnaise, chives, celery, black pepper, and cayenne to the eggs. Mix until well combined.
4 Serve the curried egg salad on lettuce for a salad, or on sliced bread or toast for sandwiches. If making appetizers, use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds on either plain sliced bread or toast, then spread the egg salad over the rounds.