Classic potato salad recipe with boiled Russet potatoes, dill pickles, celery, parsley, red onion, scallions, hard boiled eggs and a mayonnaise Dijon dressing.
- 3 or 4 mid sized Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 Tbsp juice from Kosher dill pickles
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 or 2 chopped scallions, including the greens
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, raw or roasted, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Place peeled, cut potatoes in a large pot. Cover with an inch of salted water. Bring a pot of water to boil. Simmer for 10-20 minutes until just fork tender. Remove from pot. Let cool enough to handle, but still warm.
2 Put potatoes in to a large bowl. Add the juice from the Kosher dill pickles. Add the finely chopped pickles themselves. Add parsley, onions, celery, scallions and, if using, the hard boiled egg, carrots, and red bell pepper.
3 In a separate small bowl, mix mayonnaise with mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the dressing with the potato mixture. Again, salt and pepper to taste.