An egg salad made in the style of deviled eggs, with mustard, mayo, hot sauce and paprika.
- 12 eggs, hard boiled* and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp cider, white wine or sherry vinegar
- A few drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
To hard boil eggs, place them in saucepan and cover them with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
1 Chop the eggs coarsely and put them into a large bowl. Add the green onion, celery, red bell pepper.
2 In small bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, vinegar and Tabasco. Gently stir the mayo dressing into the bowl with the eggs and vegetables. Add paprika and salt and black pepper to taste.
Best served chilled.
Yield: Serves 4-6.