Spicy deviled jam, made with ham, celery, green onions, and pickled jalapeños.
- 7 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced iceberg or butter lettuce
1 Process the ham in a food processor, until finely ground but not a paste. Remove from processor to a bowl. Process the celery and the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl with the ham.
2 Fold in the mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the chopped green onions.
3 Make sandwiches with the bread and sliced lettuce. Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal to serve.