Classic egg salad sandwich, with chopped hard boiled eggs, green onion, celery, mayonnaise and a dash of curry powder, served on toasted bread.
This recipe is for a one egg sandwich. If you have more eggs and more people to feed, just double, triple, etc. the recipe.
- 1 hard-boiled* egg (large), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- Curry powder (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 2 slices dark rye bread, toasted
* To make hard boiled eggs, place a few eggs in a saucepan, cover with at least an inch of water, preferable 2 inches. Add a half teaspoon of vinegar and some salt to the water (if the shells crack while boiling, the vinegar will help keep the egg in the shell). Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, for 12 minutes. Drain the water from the pan, add cold water to cool the eggs, let sit a couple minutes longer.
1 Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Mix with a spoon.
2 Toast your bread slices. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of toasted bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put another slice of toasted bread on top.