This recipe is for a one egg sandwich. If you would like more egg salad in your sandwich, or if you are making more sandwich, you can easily scale up this recipe.
- 1 hard-boiled* egg (large), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion or chives
- A pinch of curry powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices white, wheat, multigrain, or rye bread, toasted or plain
* To make hard boiled eggs, place a few eggs in a saucepan, cover with at least an inch of water, preferable 2 inches. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Drain the water from the pan, add ice water to cool the eggs, let sit a couple minutes longer.
1 Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Mix with a spoon.
2 Toast your bread slices if making the sandwich with toast. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put another slice of bread on top.