Use fresh herbs if available. If not, you can used dried, but use a quarter as much.
- 1 pound thin green beans (haricot vert), trimmed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp tarragon or basil, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
1 Bring a large pot of salty water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Boil the beans for 2 minutes. Plunge them into the ice water to stop the cooking and set the color. Drain the beans and pat dry on a cloth or paper towel.
2 Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Cook the onions until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3 Add the green beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
4 Add all the herbs and some salt and pepper and toss to combine. Cook for 1 minute more.
Serve hot or at room temperature, with lemon wedges.