Delicious ginger chicken recipe. Chicken strips, marinated in coriander and ginger, stir-fried with scallions and ginger, served mixed with mango chutney and topped with toasted almonds.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 - 2 lbs. total)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus ¼ cup julienned fresh ginger (see How to Peel, Chop, and Grate Ginger)
- 4 teaspoons grapeseed oil or other high flash point oil such as canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoond kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large scallions (or 6 small), trimmed
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, large pieces chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
*If cooking gluten-free, use homemade stock or gluten-free packaged broth.
1 Slice chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss with ground coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
2 Thinly slice white parts of scallions. Julienne green parts; set aside.
3 Stir together chutney, broth, and garlic in a small bowl.
4 Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and julienned ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Add scallion greens and chutney mixture; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Transfer to shallow bowls with hot cooked rice (or without rice, for low-carb version). Sprinkle with toasted almond slices and serve.