Chilled mint green Grasshopper Pie with an Oreo cookie crust. Grandma's favorite!
- 20 oreo cookies (40 halves), fillings discarded, cookies crushed
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Optional A drop or two of green food dye.
1 Make Oreo crust: Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, mix crushed Oreo cookie halves and butter. Pat into bottom and sides of 10 inch pie dish.
Bake in oven for 5 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool completely.
Once cooled, place in freezer to chill.
2 Make marshmallow filling: In saucepan, melt marshmallows in milk over medium heat. Remove from heat and cool.
Add creme de menthe and creme de cacao, and mix well. Add a drop or two of green food dye if desired. Fold in whipped cream.
3 Pour into chilled pie shell. Freeze for 3 or 4 hours.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.