Warm, creamy, filling soup with russet potatoes, fresh leeks, and chopped ham.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 4 cups chicken broth*
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chives or dill, chopped
*If cooking gluten-free use homemade chicken stock or gluten-free packaged broth.
1 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
2 Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Using a blender or food processor, working in batches, process until smooth.
3 Stir in diced ham and cream. Season to taste with salt. Garnish with parsley, chives or dill.