To make ground ham, chop leftover ham into cubes and either pulse in a food processor or put through a meat grinder.
- 2 cups finely diced or ground ham (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp minced celery
- 2 Tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- A large pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Mix everything but the salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Taste and add cayenne, salt and black pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
Serve straight, or mixed in with macaroni, or in a sandwich in a hamburger bun, slider roll, Kaiser roll, regular bread, in a pita or as a wrap. Good with lemonade on a hot day.