Leftover ham? Make a simple ham salad with diced ham, hard boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish, mayo, onion, celery, bell pepper, and mustard.
- 2 cups finely diced ham
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced celery
- 2 Tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- A large pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Mix everything but the salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Taste and add cayenne, salt and black pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
Serve straight, or mixed in with macaroni, or in a sandwich in a hamburger bun, a Kaiser roll, regular bread, in a pita or as a wrap. Good with lemonade on a hot day.