One of our favorite ways to eat chicken is baked or roasted, served with Spanish rice and a bit of mango chutney. Here’s an easy, excellent recipe for homemade golden mango chutney that I found on the C & H website. Do you like mango chutney? What are your favorite foods to eat it with?
Homemade Mango Chutney Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 cups mangoes (4 to 5), peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces (See How to Cut a Mango)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (hot)
1 Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2 Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
3 Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace; close jars. Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
Makes 6 (1/2 pint) jars
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Recipes. Thank you!