Tartar sauce made with mayonnaise, dill pickles, capers, mustard, shallots, scallions, Tabasco and lemon juice. Perfect for serving with fish or crab cakes.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Yield: Makes about a cup and a half of tartar sauce.