The best blondie recipe ever. Truly.
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the lemon juice, zest, and mascarpone cheese and mix thoroughly.
4 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together.
5 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Yield: Makes 9 blondies.