We recently found this recipe using halibut in Real Simple magazine and decided to give it a go, but with ling cod instead. Mom and I loved it, dad wasn’t so sure. For me, it was reminiscent of our favorite fish stew and was just as good the next day.
Ling Cod with Tomato and Orange Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, segmented, membranes removed
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs ling cod or cod fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped, or 1 Tbsp dried dill
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the olives, orange zest, orange segments, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2 Add the fish to the pan. Spoon sauce over the fish. Cover and cook for an additional 7 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
Yield: Serves 4-6.