The sauce for these potatoes is very easy to prepare and a wonderful way to cook up some fresh garden tomatoes. The cilantro, cumin, and tomatoes combine to a unique and delicious flavor.
New Potatoes with Cheese and Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 to 12 small red-skinned new potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 med yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 large green onions, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Scrub the potatoes; do not peel. Place the potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and boil, covered, until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes. Drain and place in a serving container. Keep warm.
2 Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and green onions and cook until limp. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. While stirring, slowly add the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
3 If potatoes are not small, cut them in halves or quarters. Spoon the sauce over the potatoes.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Recipes. Thank you!