Panko-crusted salmon recipe. Salmon steaks or fillets breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pieces thickly cut, boneless salmon (each 6 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp honey mustard or sweet-hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F (convection or regular). Set the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2 In a small bowl, combine the honey mustard and 1 teaspoon of the thyme. In another small bowl, mix the panko with the remaining 1 teaspoon of thyme, 4 teaspoons of olive oil, parsley, and paprika. Add salt and pepper (a light sprinkle).
3 Using a small spoon, spread the mustard mixture on the salmon; top with the bread crumb mixture.
4 Roast the salmon for 12-14 minutes (test at 10) or until it is almost completely firm to the touch and flakes when poked with a fork. Serve at once.