Pasta with fresh garden tomatoes, basil, baby spinach, garlic, and brie.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound chopped fresh, ripe tomatoes (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cheese cut into small chunks
- Zest and juice of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon zest and 3 Tbsp juice)
- A handful of basil leaves, chiffonade or sliced thin
- 5 ounces baby spinach, rinsed, patted dry
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound of linguini or fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper taste
1 Heat a large pot of salted water for making the pasta. While the water is heating, prep the ingredients. Once water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente (cooked through, but still a little firm to the bite).
2 While the pasta is cooking, place the garlic, olive oil, chopped tomatoes, chunks of brie (make sure to cut away the white rind!), lemon zest, and lemon juice into a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the brie is melty and soft. (If you don't have a microwave, place the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for an hour or two, so the brie softens.)
3 Once the pasta is done, drain it and place it in the bowl with the cheese and tomatoes. Add the basil and baby spinach. Toss together so that the spinach, basil, cheese, and tomatoes are well dispersed through the pasta. Break up or smash any large pieces of cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, and toss more to incorporate. Add more salt to taste.