A few weeks ago I got together with Garrett to roast some chile peppers and make some coconut pineapple cupcakes. We had loads of extra pineapple, and all the other ingredients for a great salsa, so naturally we put them all together, and voilá! A great combination. Use the tomato pineapple salsa with fish tacos, or over grilled steak or pork, or even wrapped up in a heated flour tortilla with a few slices of avocado.
Pineapple Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped fresh plum tomato (about 2 plum tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim chile, roasted, seeds, stem, and veins removed, chopped OR 1 fresh serrano chile, seeds and stem removed, chopped*
- Juice of one or two fresh limes (2-3 Tbsp, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
* Take care when handling hot chile peppers. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling them. Avoid touching your eyes.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Recipes. Thank you!