Fresh pineapple tomato salsa! Great with fish tacos or grilled steak.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped fresh plum tomato (about 2 plum tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim chile, roasted, seeds, stem, and veins removed, chopped OR 1 fresh serrano chile, seeds and stem removed, chopped*
- Juice of one or two fresh limes (2-3 Tbsp, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
* Take care when handling hot chile peppers. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling them. Avoid touching your eyes.