What to do with Santa Rosa plums? One easy and absolutely delicious possibility is plum cobbler. This was so good, we’re making it again tomorrow. (Have to do something with all these plums!)
Plum Cobbler Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (170 g plus 30 g) of white sugar
- 10 fresh plums (we use Santa Rosa), sliced and seeded - about 4 cups
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (110 g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2 In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, plums, cornstarch and cinnamon. Place the fruit mixture in a 2-quart casserole.
3 In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
4 Drop batter on fruit, or if desired, spread batter in stripes. Bake in a 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream (optional).