Easy and delicious classic plum cobbler, using Santa Rosa plums, topped with a biscuity cobbler topping.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (170 g plus 30 g) of white sugar
- 10 fresh plums (we use Santa Rosa), sliced and seeded - about 4 cups
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (110 g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2 In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, plums, cornstarch and cinnamon. Place the fruit mixture in a 2-quart casserole.
3 In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
4 Drop batter on fruit, or if desired, spread batter in stripes. Bake in a 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream (optional).