This poached salmon recipe is one of the first recipes my father taught me a few years ago. It’s his favorite way to prepare salmon because not only can it be prepared in 10 minutes or less, but it doesn’t stink up the house the way broiling or frying salmon can, and it tastes simply delicious.
Poached Salmon Recipe
- 1 to 1½ pounds salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- ½ cup dry white wine (a good Sauvignon Blanc)
- ½ cup water
- A few thin slices of yellow onion and/or 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thin
- Several sprigs of fresh dill or sprinkle of dried dill
- A sprig of fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Sprinkle the salmon fillets with a little salt. Put the wine, water, dill, parsley and onions in a sauté pan, and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
2 Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the pan. Cover. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet, or to desired done-ness. Do not overcook. Serve sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Recipes. Thank you!