Simple white bean salad with red onions, a little lemon juice, chopped parsley, olive oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.
You can easily double or quadruple the recipe to serve a larger group.
- 1 14.5-ounce can white beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar (red or white)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry herbs de provence (crumbled) OR 1 teaspoon of some combination of finely chopped rosemary, tarragon, thyme, and lavender
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 After you chop up the onion, squeeze a little lemon juice over it and let it sit while prepping the other ingredients. According to my mother, this will take the edge off the onion.
2 Combine all ingredients into a serving dish. You can serve right away if you want, but if you chill for a few hours, the flavors will come together better.
Lasts a couple of days in the refrigerator.