This salad is best eaten fresh. You can prep the ingredients several hours ahead, and even let the radishes marinate in the lemon juice for a couple hours. But don't add the oil, mint, or pistachios until read to serve.
- 1 pound of red or pink radishes, cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- Grated zest of one lemon, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup minced shallots, from 1 to 2 shallots
- Juice from one lemon, about 3 to 4 Tbps
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A heaping 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 10 large mint (spearmint) leaves, chopped or sliced thin, about 1/4 cup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Mix the radish wedges, minced shallots, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
2 Toast the shelled pistachios by heating a small skillet on high heat. Add the pistachios and heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
3 When you are ready to serve, if there is a lot of excess liquid in the radishes, strain some of it out. Then toss the toasted pistachios, mint, and olive oil in with the radishes.