A Louisiana-style remoulade sauce made from mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, garlic, paprika and Cajun or Creole seasoning.
If you don't have any pickle juice on hand, use a little lemon juice or vinegar.
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard (Creole mustard if possible)
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice (dill or sweet, your preference)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced and smashed
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. The remoulade is better if left for a few hours to let the flavors meld. Keep refrigerated.