Tender young carrots, roasted with red onions with rosemary, salt, and pepper, until lightly caramelized.
- 1 1/2 lbs of 5 inch long young carrots, rinsed and scrubbed clean, patted dry, carrot greens cut to 1 inch above top of carrot
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise (root to top) then cut into 8-12 wedges (see How to Slice an Onion)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place the carrots, red onion wedges, and crushed garlic cloves on the pan and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine so that the carrots and onions are lightly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2 Roast at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes until well browned and caramelized around the edges. Remove from pan and place in a serving dish to serve.